Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Observances

Today is officially Labor Day. I am off to Morro Bay, California. What a beautiful and relaxing place to vacation. If you haven’t been there, I strongly recommend it.

What about Labor Day? It is a day to celebrate our collective productive energies. Since 1884, we have been celebrating Labor Day which has roots linked to the New York City Central Labor Union's first observance in 1883. For more than 100 years we have been observing Labor Day. And although it is not a time particularly for memorial, I hope you have fond memories from years past. If you don't, it is time to create a few special memories you will want to acknowledge for future observances.

What are you doing to recognize and celebrate? Whatever you do, I am sure I don't need to remind you tomorrow is a work day. So be sure to enjoy! As for me, I will be venturing out to do some kayaking this morning. After that, well… I’ll do whatever feels right.

No comments: