Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is it time for vacation?

I am back from a wonderful vacation experience. Did you miss me? If you did, I apologize for my absence, but I must say taking time away from the normal to do something unusual is wonderful. I took my vacation to beautiful Morro Bay, California.

I kayaked the bay, peeked in on a Peregrine Falcon, hiked through Montana de Oro State Park and trekked up to San Simeon to tour the Hearst Castle. I even made a visit to the Saucelito Canyon Winery in San Luis Obispo. Yes, I was on a vacation. What made is truly special was the time spent with my family and friends.

Taking vacation is important. It can be great for your soul. It is a time to renew and refresh. It reminds me of the feeling I get each spring. That is when even old and familiar things seem new. If you are looking for a fresh new perspective for your business and your organization, I recommend a vacation.

Go away and turnoff the cell phone. Discipline yourself. Forget about email messages for at least 72 hours. You can do it! I know you can.

No comments: